Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- This article is for VAIO® computers with Windows® XP operating system (OS).
- This issue may be caused by an installed printer that is not physically attached and turned on. Attach and turn on the printer and then start the notebook.
- Touchpad driver updates may be found online.
- Disable the tapping feature of the touchpad .
- Ensure the touchpad is not accidentally being touched while using the keyboard.
- Slow down the speed of the pointer and the double-click speed .
- Reinstall the touchpad drivers.
- Verify the correct AC adapter is being used and connected properly.
- Restore the computer back to a date when the touchpad was working properly using the System Restore feature .
- Start the computer in Safe Mode. If the touchpad works properly in safe mode, software is interfering with the touchpad and a System Recovery may resolve the issue.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.