Information about counterfeit Sony Memory Card media.
It has come to our attention that a number of counterfeit memory card media are illegally being produced and sold with the Sony® name and logo. Some look remarkably similar to genuine Sony memory media. Many of these counterfeit memory card media are known to be sold through online auction Web sites. If it appears that you have possibly purchased counterfeit memory card media, you should contact the dealer or online auction provider.
The following are possible indications of counterfeit memory card media:
- The model number listed on the media does not match any known genuine Sony models.
- No operating instructions sheet and warranty card were provided in the packaging.
- The printed letterings on the media use inferior hi-res bitmap to copy the genuine.
- The memory card is unable to hold the amount of data as stated on the product.
- The media takes an unusually long time (up to an hour or more) to finish writing data.
- When trying to read data, the information is corrupt.
- Strange files or folders appear on the media, but cannot be deleted.