Follow these steps to pair the speaker with a Bluetooth® device for the first time.
- Place the Bluetooth device within 1 meter (3 feet) of the speaker.
- On the speaker, slide and hold the POWER switch to the PAIRING side until a double beep sounds and the blue (Bluetooth) indicator flashes very quickly.
- Perform the pairing procedure on the Bluetooth device to detect the speaker. When the list of detected devices appears on the display of the Bluetooth device, select SRS-BTV5.
NOTE: If the Bluetooth device is asking for a passkey, input 0000. A passkey may also be called a passcode, PIN code, PIN number, or a password.
- When a connection is made, the blue indicator on the speaker stays lit and will not flash.
- If the speaker is powered on without holding it for 2 seconds, the speaker will, by default, be in Bluetooth search mode, and the blue indicator flashes more slowly.
- To turn the speaker off at any time, slide and hold the POWER switch to the right for about 1 second until the blue indicator is no longer lit.