IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Live-View Remote control will not connect to a camera if an error message is displayed on the remote's LCD screen. Make sure that the camera has the latest firmware version installed when connecting the Wi-Fi remote control.
Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, reconnect the Live-View remote and the camera through Wi-Fi after completing each step.
- Turn off the Live-View remote and the camera and turn them on again.
- Remove the battery and the memory card from the camera and then re-insert them.
- If the memory card is not inserted to the connected camera, connection may not succeed.
- Check that each side of the memory card is facing the correct direction.
- Reset the Live-View remote control.
- Turn on the Live-View remote control.
- Tap to select
- Tap to select icon and select OK.
- Set the date and time of the Live-View remote.
- Reset the camera settings.
- Performing a reset will erase any customized setting that have been set and a setup may be required
- For the resetting method of the camera, refer to the manual supplied with the camera.
- Press the RESET button on the Live-View remote.
If none of the steps above resolved the issue, there may be an issue with the Live-View remote or the camera.
- If the camera can connect to the mobile device through Wi-Fi, there may be a problem with the Live-View remote.
- If you have multiple compatible cameras, check that the Live-View remote is able to connect to other cameras via Wi-Fi. If connection to any camera cannot be established, there may be a problem with the Live-View remote.