Depending on how the remote control was programmed, there are two options to erase all of the settings and reset the remote control back to factory specifications.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Performing these operations will reset the remote control to the original factory settings. All programmed information will be lost.
- Using the Remote Control itself
If the AX Remote Editor software was not used to program the remote control, then follow the steps below to reset the remote control:
- On the remote control, press and hold the COMMANDER OFF button.
- While holding the COMMANDER OFF button, press the MUTING button.
- Release both buttons.
- On the LCD screen, touch SET twice.
- Touch OTHER.
- Touch RESET.
- Touch YES.
- Using the AX Remote Editor software
If the AX Remote Editor software was used to program the remote control, you must follow the procedure below to reset the remote control:
IMPORTANT: The remote control can only be reset on the computer used for the original programming procedure. A reset procedure will fail if attempting to reset on a different computer, even if the computer has the AX Remote Editor software installed.
- Connect the remote control to the computer.
- Open the Sony AX Remote Editor program.
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- In the Tools menu, click Update Firmware for Remote.
- In the AX Remote Editor window, click YES.
- When the download is complete, in the AX Remote Editor window, click OK.
- Disconnect the remote control from the computer.