This information is for the following models:
About this download
Content Transfer for Mac is a software to transfer your music, video, photos, podcasts and playlists in an easy way. You can use the "Drag & Drop" function to move the files from iTunes to your Walkman. The software will automatically sort the files to the appropriate folders on the player.
- File formats for transfer
Music: .mp4, .3gp, .m4a, .oma, .wma, .mp3, .wav, .flac, .ape, .aiff, and .aif
Video: .mp4, .m4v, and .wmv
- Automatic Transfer function
Note: The Content Transfer for Mac software supports data transfer from iTunes 11.0 or later.
Note for macOS 11 users: Playlists created with the macOS 11 Music app cannot be dragged and dropped. You can, however, drag and drop music content other than playlists.
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Mac OS:
IMPORTANT: Not supported by any OS other than what is specified.
- macOS 10.13 - 11
The following systems are not supported:
- This version is not compatible with models equipped with the Apple M1 chip.
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
- Version 1.7 (1.7.0.01060)
- 9.39 MB (9 846 273 bytes)
Before You Start
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs.
Download & Install
Make sure to logon as Administrator to your computer.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions
- Download the file to your computer
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions
Note for macOS 10.15 (or later): The following dialog will appear when the software detects Walkman on macOS 10.15 or more. Please press "OK".
- When the message indicating the upgrade is complete is displayed, click on "Close".
After the install procedure is complete, Content Transfer for Mac will launch automatically.
Note: iTunes folder might not exist on macOS 10.15 (or later). Select "Music" or "Custom" for the setting of "Auto Transfer Folder".