This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
This utility installs an updated Sony Amplifier driver, which is needed to connect the SA-Z1 (via the USB port) to a Windows computer.
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- This installation is not necessary for macOS
- This software requires a computer meeting the following system requirements:
- Please make sure all the latest Windows updates have been installed.
- Device: USB 2.0 compliant port
- Sony Amplifier Driver Update version 18.104.22.168
- 58.6MB （61 545 004 bytes）
Before You Start
- Do not connect the model to the computer until instructed. If you have already connected the model to the computer, please disconnect it now.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Click the Download button.
- At the File Save dialog box, download the Sony_ Amplifier_Driver_Setup_V22.214.171.124.zip file to your desired location on your computer. (please note this location for reference).
Note: Please do not connect the model to the computer until instructed. If you have already connected the model to the computer, please disconnect it now.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and right-click the Sony_ Amplifier_Driver_Setup_V126.96.36.199.zip file, and then click Extract All.
- At the Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders window, click Extract.
- A new file will be created called Sony_ Amplifier_Driver_Setup.exe.
- Double-click the Sony_ Amplifier_Driver_Setup.exe file.
- At the User Account Control screen, click Yes or Continue.
- At the Choose Setup Language screen, select the language you wish to use, and then click Next.
- At the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Sony Amplifier Driver screen, click Next.
- The Installing package Driver (x64) screen will appear.
- At the InstallShield(R) Wizard will install Sony Amplifier Driver on your computer screen, click Next.
- At the License Agreement screen, read the text and if you agree, click to select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
- At the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.
- The Sony Amplifier Driver will be installed.
- At the InstallShield Wizard Completed screen, click Finish.
- At the InstallShield Wizard has successfully installed Sony Amplifier Driver screen, click Finish.
- Connect the model to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Power on the model.
- On the model or the included remote control, push the INPUT button repeatedly until USB-B appears in the display window.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
If the installation procedure was completed correctly, the SA-Z1 will appear as a device in Device Manager under Sound, Video and Gaming controllers.
If the SA-Z1 does not appear as a device in Device Manager, restart both the SA-Z1 and the computer. Once both have restarted completely, check in Device Manager again. If after restarting the SA-Z1 still does not appear, the driver installation procedure has failed. Uninstall the installed driver and try downloading and installing again.
How to uninstall the driver software?
Follow these steps to uninstall driver software:
- Open Control panel, Control panel → Programs and Features.
- Select Sony Amplifier Driver and press Remove or Uninstall.
- Please proceed setup file for uninstallation.
Note: How to open Control Panel
- For Windows 10 and 11 operating systems: Press the Windows logo and R key combination to open the Run dialog box. Then type control and click OK.
- For Windows 8 and 8.1 operating systems: Press Windows Logo and X key combination on the keyboard and, from the list, click Control Panel.