The way to install and perform a firmware update depends on the capabilities of your Blu-ray Disc® player, and in some cases, personal preference. Here are the different options for performing a firmware update:
If your Blu-ray Disc Player is Connected to the Internet (Recommended)
The steps to install and perform the firmware update directly on your Blu-ray Disc player through an internet connection, vary depending on the model that you have. Select the appropriate link below for steps on how to perform the firmware update:
- For Blu-ray Disc players released on or before 2013
Note: These Blu-ray Disc players have the Network Update option in the Setup menu.
- For 2014 and newer Blu-ray Disc players
Note: These Blu-ray Disc players have the Software Update option in the Setup menu.
If Your Blu-ray Disc Player is not Connected to the Internet
Here are the two options that you can use to perform the update if the Blu-ray Disc player is not connected to the internet:
- Use a computer to download the update file from Drivers and Software page, transfer the file to your USB Storage Device (for 2014 and newer models only), then follow the instructions provided with it.
- Purchase the firmware update online. You don't need to have an account to order the firmware update online. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Go to truemanuals.com.
- Enter your model information.
- From the list, select the Firmware or Software update.
- Select Add to Cart.
- Select the Cart button at the top of the page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.