IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow the steps below if the error appears or if the device freezes or stops when trying to perform the latest system software (firmware) update through the Update via Internet function.
- Check that the Blu-ray Disc® player is properly connected to the network through wired or wireless connection.
- At the Update Failed screen, select OK to try the update again or Cancel to cancel the update.
- If the update still fails, download the software update and save it to a USB device.
IMPORTANT: Download the latest software update.
- Cancel the Update via Internet process and use Update via USB Memory.
NOTE: If you are unable to select the Update via USB Memory function, check the following:
- Make sure that the USB device is properly connected to the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Make sure that the USB device is formatted to supported file systems (format) FAT32 or NTFS.
- Make sure that the USB device is compatible with the Blu-ray Disc player.
If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.