This article provides various steps and information to help troubleshoot this problem. Because this issue could be caused by several conditions, check if the issue is resolved after each step performed.
We recommend first starting with a power reset of your devices, and then as needed to check your cable connections, followed by checking certain system settings and then other steps if necessary. Some steps are specific to BRAVIA™ TV models (Google TV™ and Android TV™) and your steps and menus may vary, check your product manuals if you need model-specific information. For other manufacturers, refer to your product documents for specific details.
- Perform a power reset of your TV and audio system
- Check and verify your HDMI® cable connections
- Check the audio output setting of your TV to verify it's set to use your audio device. If you have a BRAVIA TV, set the TV settings for Speakers to Audio System.
- BRAVIA TV speaker settings
- For other manufacturers, check your product documentation for proper settings.
- Make sure your audio system input is set to TV by pressing the INPUT or TV button on your audio system remote.
- Check if your audio system is muted. Depending on the order in which the TV and audio systems are turned on, or if the mute button on your remote was pressed, the audio system may be muted. Some systems will display MUTING on the front panel.
- Update your TV and audio system to the