IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This article provides basic information, how-to, and troubleshooting information when using the Amazon Alexa™ app* with your Wireless Speaker or Soundbar.
What is Alexa?
It's an Amazon® cloud-based service.
What can I do on my Wireless Speaker or Soundbar with Amazon Alexa?
You can do the following operations using voice commands on an Amazon Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo™ etc.):
- Playback or stop music
- Go to the previous or next track
- Set the volume control
What else do I need to use Amazon Alexa functions with my Wireless Speaker or Soundbar?
You will need the following:
- An Amazon Alexa-enabled device, such as an Amazon Echo, etc.
- A mobile device that can connect to the Google Play™ store or Apple® App Store to perform initial setup with an Amazon Alexa-enabled device.
- A home network with Wi-Fi® (wireless) capabilities
- The Sony | Music Center app
- An Amazon account
Note for HT-Z9F/ZF9: Make sure your soundbar system has the latest software installed so you can use the Amazon Alexa function.
Which streaming music services (streaming services) are compatible with the Amazon Alexa functions?
The following streaming music services are compatible with this function:
- Amazon Music™*
- You may be required to activate the account link and skills on the Alexa app, depending on the streaming music service.
- Because of decisions made by various music service providers, the available music services may change without notice.
How do I perform the initial setup to use the Amazon Alexa function?
Follow these steps to perform the initial setup:
- Install the Music Center app to your smartphone.
- Connect the smartphone and Wireless Speaker to the same network.
- On your smartphone, open the Music Center app.
- Perform the initial setup and follow the on-screen instructions.
What voice commands do I use with Alexa?
You must give preset voice commands to Amazon Alexa-enabled devices. Select your model for information about the voice commands:
How do I unregister my device from Alexa?
Sign out from the Alexa setting on the Music Center app.
How do I use Mult-Room Music with the Alexa function?
This function is for the HT-Z9F only. To use it, follow these steps:
- On your smartphone, launch the Alexa app.
- Create Multi-Room Music Speaker Group from the Amazon Alexa device settings and register the Soundbar.
- The Amazon Alexa device does not respond to my voice commands even though I used preset voice commands.
- Initial setup of the Music Center app fails for Soundbar or Wireless Speaker.
- Alexa does not discover my Soundbar/Wireless Speaker after the initial setup on the Music Center app.
- Amazon Alexa (Amazon Echo, etc.) cannot recognize the Soundbar/Wireless Speaker, saying that the device is offline.
- I cannot cancel the device registration from the Alexa app.
- Sign out from the Alexa setting of the Sony | Music Center app.
- The playback screen of the device doesn't display the correct song information when using the Amazon Alexa Multi-Room Music function. (for HT-Z9F/ZF9 only).
- The song data may not be available depending on the devices and music services using the Alexa Multi-Room Music function. If this is the case, the playback screen shows the previous song information or won't display the song data.
* Download app at Google Play™ Store and the App Store®. Network services, content, and operating system and software subject to terms and conditions and may be changed, interrupted, or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration, and credit card information.