Depending on your unit, you can use the Audio settings menu of the A/V receiver to make settings for the audio to suit your preference.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Some parameters and settings may appear dimmed on the display. This means that they are either unavailable or fixed and unchangeable.
- From the SETTINGS menu of the A/V receiver, select AUDIO.
- From the AUDIO menu, select the HDMI AUDIO parameter.
- Select either AMP+TV or AMP.
- AMP+TV: The sound is output primarily from the TV speakers as 2-channel.
- AMP: The HDMI® audio signals from the playback component is only output to speakers connected to the A/V receiver, not through the TV speakers. Multi-channel sound will play back as it is.
- The sound quality of the playback component depends on the sound quality of the TV, such as the number of channels and the sampling frequency. When the TV has stereo speakers, the sound output from the receiver is also 2-channel stereo as that of the TV, even if you play multi-channel software.
- When you connect the A/V receiver to a video component (such as a projector or DVD player), sound may not be output from the A/V receiver. In this case, select AMP.