Follow the procedure below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Turn off the stereo receiver.
- Ensure the speaker wires are properly connected to both the speakers and stereo receiver.
- Turn off any nearby electronic devices that may be interfering with the speaker sound.
- Move the speaker wires away from any electrical cords.
- If the issue is still unresolved, reset the receiver to the factory default settings.
NOTE: Consult the instruction manual of the stereo receiver for reset instructions.
- Try replacing the speaker wires.
- If possible, connect a different set of speakers.
NOTE: If the problem is eliminated when different speakers are connected, the issue is with the original speakers. If the problem is not eliminated, then the problem is with the receiver.