The sound cuts in and out intermittently from one or more speakers.
If the audio sound is intermittent through one or more of your speakers when playing your stereo, there may be a problem with the connection or a problem with the speakers. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
- Turn off the Audio/Video (A/V) stereo receiver.
- Verify the speaker wires are properly connected to both the speakers and the A/V receiver.
- Turn off any nearby electronic devices that may be interfering with the speaker sound.
- Move the speaker wires away from any electrical cords.
- If the issue is still unresolved, reset the A/V receiver to the factory default settings.
NOTE: Consult the instruction manual of the A/V stereo receiver for the reset instructions. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Try replacing the speaker wires.
- If possible, connect a different set of speakers.
NOTE: If the problem is eliminated when different speakers are connected, the issue is with the original speakers. If the problem is not eliminated, then the problem is with the A/V receiver.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.