Questions & Answers: 99
- Wireless Speaker troubleshooting guideAre you having an issue with your Wireless Speaker? We are here to help! This guide offers easy troubleshooting steps to resolve most issues, like no sound or no power. To get started, select the issue or symptom
- Can't adjust the volume of my wireless speaker when I press the volume - and + buttons during Bluetooth connectionDepending on the connected device, it may not be possible to adjust the volume of the SRS-XB10 wireless speaker from the Bluetooth® device when music is stopped or paused. In this case, adjust the volume while the
- The Buttons on My Speaker Don't Respond During Bluetooth PlaybackDepending on the specifications of the device or app used during Bluetooth® playback, the buttons of your speaker may not function. Operate your paired device directly to control the playback.
- Portable speaker volume doesn't increaseThe following situations may cause your portable speaker to output low volume even at the highest settings: The volume of a device connected to the AUDIO IN terminal of the speaker is set to low. Turn up the volume
- How do I delete registered information of devices paired with the wireless speakerYour wireless speaker doesn't support deleting just one set of pairing information. Initialize your speaker to delete all pairing information. Select your speaker model, turn it on (except for CAS-1), and then follow
- Listen to Music from an NFC-Capable DeviceApplicable Products Pair Your Devices The procedure to listen to music from an Near Field Communication (NFC™) connection varies depending on the mobile device. Not all mobile devices are equipped with the NFC function
- Is it necessary to pair with each connection?Mutual registration is required when you connect two Bluetooth® devices for the first time. This is called pairing. The devices should recognize each other on subsequent connections. You'll need to repeat the pairing