IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
- Verify that your mobile device and TV both support Screen mirroring. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- For Samsung devices, the SmartThings app is recommended to access screen mirroring. For more details, visit the SmartThings website .
- For specific instructions for your your mobile device, refer to the device operating instructions or the manufacturer for details.
- Screen mirroring is not a feature of Apple® devices. Use Wi-Fi Direct® or Apple AirPlay® features, depending on the TV model.
- If you have an Android TV™ and home network, you may be able to use the Chromecast™ built-in (Google Cast™) feature as an alternative to Screen mirroring.
Check to validate if Screen mirroring works after each step.
- Make sure the TV is on the screen mirroring input.
- On the supplied remote control, press the Input button.
- Select Screen Mirroring.
- The TV awaits confirmation from the mobile device.
- Enable the screen mirroring setting on your mobile device.
- Check the mobile device manual or contact the manufacturer for further details.
- Make sure there are no other wireless devices connected to the mobile device prior to the TV's screen mirroring setup.
- If you connected your TV to a computer, a Microsoft® Windows® 10 operating system upgraded from an earlier version may not be compatible. Contact the computer manufacturer for further details.
- Reboot your mobile device.
- Perform a power reset on the TV.
- For Android TV, set the Bluetooth® settings Off.
- Press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Remote & Accessories or Network & Accessories.
- Select Bluetooth settings.
- Select Bluetooth or Bluetooth On.
- Select Off.
- Environmental interference may cause poor video quality.
- This feature doesn't require a password. If asked for a password, turn off the Wi-Fi Direct mode on your mobile device, if applicable.
- Select BRAVIA™ TVs and Xperia® mobile devices are compliant with screen mirroring using the Miracast® technology. The Screen mirroring function using mobile devices from other manufactururers is not guaranteed to work.
- Other mobile devices simultaneously connected to your wireless router may affect the screen mirroring function. Disconnect other mobile devices from the router.