This information provides a variety of steps for various issues. Try one of these solutions based on the issue you are experiencing.
The standby indicator blinks in red
- Performing a power reset of your TV may solve the issue when it is caused by a temporary malfunction. Follow the steps provided for your TV type:
- Check if any devices connected to the TV are causing the issue (such as an overload by a malfunctioning device or a data communication issue).
- Turn off the TV.
- Disconnect all devices (such as an external USB hard disk drive and HDMI connection device) from the TV.
- Turn on the TV, then make sure that the indicator does not blink (which means the TV has no issues).
- Connect the disconnected devices one by one to the TV.
- If the indicator starts blinking after a certain device is connected, check that device for a issue.
The standby indicator turns off
- Make sure that the power cord and AC adapter are not disconnected or loose.
- Press the power switch on the TV to see if the TV turns on.
- Power reset your TV. Follow the steps provided for your TV type:
Images from a device connected to the TV do not display
Refer to the following for information:
- There is no picture when using an HDMI® connection.
- There is no picture on the television from the Audio/Video device.
For models equipped with the Presence Sensor
- Turn off the Presence Sensor.
Note: The following steps are an example of how to turn off the Presence Sensor. refer to the operating instructions supplied with your product.
- On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Eco.
- Select Presence Sensor.
- Select OFF.
- Power reset your TV.
If the issue still occurs, the TV may require repair.  Go to Product Repair.