Your TV will enter Safe mode when you press and hold the Volume down (-) button on the remote control after a power reset or restart of your Android™ TV.
Your TV is in Safe mode:
Safe mode is displayed on the bottom left of your TV screen after rebooting the TV.
- To exit Safe mode: On the supplied IR remote control, press and hold the POWER button for at least five seconds to reset your TV.
If your TV does not operate correctly, some downloaded applications may be the cause of the issue.
Turning on the Safe mode allows you to check if the Android TV is operating normally as all downloaded applications will be disabled. If you observe that the issue does not occur when Safe mode is turned on, you may consider uninstalling the downloaded applications which may not be compatible with the Android TV.
- To enter the Safe mode, follow the steps below.
- Power Reset or Restart of the TV
- When your Android TV’s animation begins, press and hold the Volume down (-) button on the remote until the animation disappears.
Note: Safe mode is shown at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- To exit from Safe mode:
- Press and hold the POWER button for at least five seconds to reset your TV.
Your TV is stuck in safe mode:
Your TV is stuck in safe mode after a reboot or restart. Check the following:
- Check your remote control for a stuck Volume down (-) button. Try removing the batteries from your remote and performing a power reset to verify.
- Remove other remote controls from the room and restart your TV. If you have a remote control for another device in the room, it may be malfunctioning (stuck button, low batteries) sending volume commands.