IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This article is designed to fix the following.
- The Android™ TV is stuck on a Sony® logo screen.
- The Android TV does not respond to any command executed using the supplied remote control or pressing the physical buttons on the TV itself.
- Cannot access the factory data reset menu of the Android TV.
Perform the factory reset, as follows.
IMPORTANT: The steps below would only apply to Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0) TV models.
- Force factory reset the Android TV.
- Unplug the power cord of the Android TV from the wall outlet.
- Press and hold down both the POWER and MINUS buttons located at the back of the Android TV.
- A: POWER button.
- B: - button.
- C: Rear of TV
- While still holding both the POWER and MINUS buttons, plug the power cord of the Android TV back to the wall outlet. After the LED illumination lights in green, release your hand from both of the buttons.
Note: After forcing a factory data reset, the Android TV will reboot twice in succession.
- Perform the factory reset through the menu of the Android TV.