IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Depending on the app (streaming service), the surround sound volume may be louder if it's streaming from a device that's connected to the (eARC/ARC) HDMI® port on your TV. To reduce the volume difference, set the Digital audio output to PCM.
- Access the Setting screen
- (For models released in 2019 or later): press the Quick Settings button on the remote control → select Settings.
- (For other models): press the HOME button on the remote control → select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Sound → Digital audio out → PCM.
- Select Display & Sound → Audio output → Digital audio out → PCM.