IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The following information provides steps to help troubleshoot picture issues on your TV when the source device is connected to your TV with an HDMI® cable. Check if the issue is resolved after each step.
- Ensure your TV is set to the correct video input to receive the signal from the device connected to the HDMI port.
- Verify that the HDMI-connected device is outputting a signal in a format compatible with the TV.
Note: The TV may not be capable of accepting the currently selected resolution. Some components allow you to select different resolutions. Check the user manual for the connected device and the TV for information on available video formats.
- Check your HDMI cable connections to ensure it's securely connected to both the source device and the TV.
- Perform a power reset on the TV and HDMI connected device:
- Turn off the connected device and TV.
- Unplug the power cords of the connected device and your TV.
- Allow both devices to remain without power for about 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cords for the connected device and the TV back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on both devices.
- Try connecting the cable to another HDMI port on the TV (if available).
- Try replacing the HDMI cable between the source device and your TV.
- Try using a different connection method (if available).
- There may be an issue with the connected device. If available, try connecting another HDMI device to the TV to verify.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.