Software updates improve performance and provide new features.
Before you start
WARNING! Read and follow the update instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may interrupt the update process and may cause your TV to become unresponsive or require repair.
WARNING! Don't power off your TV or unplug it from the AC power outlet during the update process.
- Don't press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start the firmware update.
- Make sure to use the supplied remote control.
Steps to update the software of your TV
The steps to update the software differ depending on the menu system on your TV. Follow the instructions according to your TV type.
- For Android TV™ models, detailed information is available on how to perform a firmware / software update on an Android TV or Google TV.
- Other TV models, follow the instructions according to whether your TV is connected to the internet or not:
Troubleshoot errors when downloading a software update
Follow these steps if An error occurred during the software update or Software cannot be updated using this USB device appears on the TV screen:
- Make sure to copy only the file or files specified in the update instructions into the root folder of the USB drive. The TV may not update if there are multiple update files in the flash drive, or if the files are not in the root folder of the drive.
- Make sure that your USB flash drive has enough storage capacity to save the update file.
- Verify that your USB device is formatted in FAT16, FAT32, exFAT,or NTFS.
- Remove any previous update files before using the USB device for the new download.
- Press the POWER button to turn the power On and Off.
- Repeat the installation process.
- If the message No newer version of the TV software was found appears on the TV, your TV already has the latest firmware installed.