The onboard storage (internal storage) consists of the following parts:
- System area: This storage area stores the operating system and system files. This part of storage is inaccessible to users.
- Internal shared storage (excluding system area): This storage area is used to store the apps and user data and can be accessed and used by the users
The available storage capacity of your Android TV™ device only shows the available user-accessible storage and not the total onboard storage. The onboard storage of your TV consists of the following:
- Internal storage
- Also known as system memory
- Stores the operating system and system files
- Not accessible to users
- User accessible storage
- Storage for apps and user data
- When you check the available storage on your TV, it only indicates the user-accessible storage. Therefore, the available storage differs from the total onboard storage specified on the product page.
- If the internal storage size of your TV is insufficient, you can move downloaded apps to an optional USB storage device to free up space.