IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you're unable to access the YouTube® app on your Android™ TV device because the login screen keeps appearing, update the YouTube app to resolve the issue.
Update the YouTube app through the Google Play™ store app
- On the supplied TV remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Apps. Note: Depending on your TV menu, you may be able to easily locate the Google Play store without this step.
- Select the Google Play store app.
- Locate the YouTube app.
- On the YouTube app, it will indicate if an update is available, select it to proceed with the update.
- After installing the update, restart or power reset your TV.
- After the power reset is complete, access the YouTube app to confirm the issue is resolved.