Casting with Chromecast built-in (Google Cast) is the easiest method to use when you want to watch your favorite entertainment and apps from your mobile device or computer on your Google TV or Android TV. Additionally, you can multitask by casting content on the TV while using your device for other activities.
Before you start
- Make sure the TV and mobile device or computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi® network.
- The TV, mobile device, computer, and Chromecast-enabled app must be updated to the latest software versions.
- For a mobile device, the Chromecast built-in function will only work if an Android device has the Android 2.3 version or later, or if an Apple® iOS® device has an iOS 7.0 version or later.
- For a computer, the computer must meet the minimum system requirements .
Watch this video or skip to the steps based on your device
How to cast using the mobile device
Follow the steps below when casting photos, movies, or music from a Chromecast-enabled app on an Android or an Apple iOS mobile device to the TV.
- Launch the Chromecast-enabled app on the mobile device.
- On the app screen, tap the Chromecast built-in icon.
- Select the TV model.
- Tap Play to start playback. The content will begin to play on the selected TV.
Note: With an Android mobile device, you can show a Google Chrome tab or your screen on the TV. For more details, refer to the Cast a Chrome tab on your TV website.
How to cast using the computer
You can wirelessly display the screen on the television using the Google Chrome browser:
- Connect to your computer same Wi-Fi network as the television.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- On the right side of the browser screen, click the Settings icon, and select Cast.
- On the Cast tab, select Television Available (or from the list if multiple TVs are connected) to connect the TV wirelessly.
Note: If the TV shows the entire computer screen instead of just the browser screen, on the Cast tab, click Source, and then select Cast desktop.
- If the Google Chrome browser is not installed on the computer, you will need to install it before attempting this procedure.
- Update your Google Chrome browser if needed.
- The browser specifications are subject to change without notice.
- It is not possible to watch paid video streaming services via Cast.
- Depending on the content type, some video playback may not be compatible with Cast.
If the Chromecast built-in function does not work, refer to the Casting from mobile devices or computers to the TV fails article.
Note: To learn more about Chromecast built-in, visit the Official Chromecast built-in website.
*Google, Google Chrome, Google TV, Android, Android TV, Chromecast built-in, and other related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC.