IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products, countries and/or operating systems. Please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article, and the Supported Countries article for details.
First check the following:
- Connect the TV to the Amazon Alexa app.Note: The Amazon Alexa app is a mobile application provided by Amazon.
- Check if you can operate the TV with the Amazon Alexa-enabled device.
For example, face the Amazon Alexa-enabled device and say "Alexa, turn off (the name of the TV you set up)".
If the device fails to discover the TV:
- On your smartphone, open the Amazon Alexa app.
- Make sure that Sony's Android TV skill is enabled.
- On the Alexa app, select Skills.
- Select Sony's Android TV.
- Select Enable.
- Use the same Google™ account on your TV and the Amazon Alexa app.
- Say "Alexa, discover my devices" to allow Alexa to discover your devices.
*Google and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC.