IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
Use Apple AirPlay to mirror the display or stream content from your Apple devices to your Android TV™ or Google™ TV.
- Amay be required to use AirPlay.
- You must connect the TV to the internet to use AirPlay.
- Apple device operation varies depending on the OS version.
Display the content or screen
- Make sure your Apple device is connected to the same network as your TV.
- Operate the Apple device to display the content on the TV:
Note: In some apps, you may have to tap another icon first.
- Video: Start playback on the Apple device then, tap (AirPlay Video).
- Photos: Start display photo on the Apple device then tap (Share).
- Music: Start playback on the Apple device then tap (AirPlay Audio).
- Whole screen of a mobile device: Open control center on the Apple device then tap (Mirroring).
- Select AirPlay on the Apple device, and select the TV to use with AirPlay.
- The TV supports Apple HomeKit. You can control the TV with an Apple device by pressing the INPUT or (Input select) button on the remote control, selecting (AirPlay), and then following the on-screen instructions to setup the Apple HomeKit.Note: Available operations vary depending on the version of the app and software.
- If you enable Remote start, you can turn on the TV with an Apple device:
- On the remote control, press the Quick settings or ACTION MENU button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Select Remote start.
- For detailed information for AirPlay, refer to the following websites:
- Make sure the AirPlay setting is on:
- On the TV remote control, press the (Input select) button and then select (AirPlay).
- Select AirPlay & HomeKit settings and turn on AirPlay.
- Update the TV and Apple devices to the latest software version.Note: For details on the TV, refer to the How do I perform a Software (Firmware) update for my Android TV/Google TV? article.
- Restart the TV and Apple devices.Note: For details on the TV, refer to the How to power reset or restart Android TV or Google TV? article.
- If the issue has not resolved, refer to the additional articles:
iPhone, iPad, Mac, AirPlay and HomeKit are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries or regions.