You can use the TV remote control or TV menu to perform a restart or unplug the TV power cord and plug it back in to perform a power reset.
The restart and power reset sequences are an important part of TV troubleshooting as your TV runs the Android™ OS, which is also used in many smartphones and tablets. As with these devices, a restart or power reset of your Android TV is an effective method to resolve issues including (but not limited to):
- The picture doesn't appear
- Only the sound is output
- The remote control doesn't work
- An app is slow, buffering, or not loading
Before you start
- Make sure the TV is turned on.
- Remove any external USB storage devices from the TV.
Restart or Power reset your TV
Select the method depending on your TV.
- Restart the TV with the supplied remote control:
- Press and hold the POWER button until Power off appears on the screen
- Press and hold the POWER button until a menu appears → select Restart
- Restart using the menu. On the remote:
- Press (Quick Settings) → Settings → System → Restart → Restart
- Press HOME → Settings → About → Restart → Restart
- Press HOME → Settings → Device Preferences → About → Restart → Restart
Note: When restarting with the remote or menu, the TV will automatically power off and back on after a short time.
- Unplug the TV power cord from the wall outlet, wait two minutes, then plug the power cord back in.