WARNING! Performing a forced Factory data reset will remove all customized settings in the TV including downloaded apps, systems data, channels, and wireless network settings. For some models listed below, if you perform a forced Factory data reset, then the Demo data for retail will be erased from internal storage.
- 2021 models: XR X95J (65/75/85) series
- 2020 models: XBR A8H, X800H, X850H, X900H, X950H (49/85), X950H (55/65/75), Z8H, and Z9H series
- 2019 models: XBR Z9G, A9G, X850G (55/65/75/85), and X950G series
- 2018 models: XBR A9Fand Z9F series
This article can be used to perform a forced Factory data reset in situations when you can't perform a normal factory data reset, such as:
- when the software crashes after a firmware update.
- when the screen of the normal factory data reset doesn't open for some reason.
Before you start
- If you can access the TV menu, perform a factory data reset instead.
- A forced factory data reset can only be done on TVs with Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow operating system or higher installed.
- This procedure may require two people.
- The location of the buttons will vary depending on the TV model.
- Some applications data might be recovered if Apps are synced with your Google™ account. The steps to sync apps vary depending on the TV menu options.
- HOME → Settings → Device Preferences or Accounts & Sign-In → Google → Choose synced apps → Select items you want to sync with the account → Sync now.
- HOME → Settings → Google → Choose synced apps in Sync → Select the items you want to sync with the account → Sync now.
- HOME → Settings → Personal → Google → Choose synced apps in Sync → select the items you want to sync with the account → Sync now.
Perform a forced Factory data reset
First, determine the number of buttons on your TV:
- Only one button on the TV: The (Power) button should be located on the bottom center or left side of the TV when viewed from the front. Note: If the power button is located on the side of your TV, you may need to remove the side cover to locate it.
- Three buttons on the TV: The buttons are located on either the right or left side of the TV, or the back, depending on your model.
If you can't find the buttons on the TV, refer to the TV manuals .
Follow the instructions according to the number of buttons on your TV.