The Wi-Fi Direct or Screen Mirroring function doesn't work
The Wi-Fi Direct® and Screen Mirroring features allow wireless peer-to-peer connections from a source device to the TV. Video, photo, and music content can be streamed from the device directly to the TV without the use of a wireless network.
If you can't perform the Wi-Fi Direct or Screen Mirroring function, check the following:
Before you start
For Wi-Fi Direct and Screen mirroring:
- Make sure your TV software is updated to the latest version. Refer to the How to perform a software update article for details.
- Wireless devices such as routers, cordless phones, radios, and Bluetooth® devices emit strong radio waves that may disrupt Wi-Fi Direct or Screen Mirroring performance. We recommend these wireless devices be placed far from the TV and mobile device or computer.
- The video quality may be degraded due to environmental interference.
For Screen mirroring only:
- Select BRAVIA™ TVs and Xperia mobile devices comply with the Screen Mirroring function using Miracast® technology. Using a mobile device from other manufacturers is not guaranteed to work.
- If you can't perform a new Screen Mirroring connection when another Screen mirroring device is connected to the TV, disconnect the first device and make a connection with the new device.
Note: To verify your TV type, refer to the How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV™, Android TV™, or other TV article.
- Make sure that your TV and mobile device or computer are compatible with the function you are trying, and that the setup is correctly done. For details, refer to the following:
- Wi-Fi Direct: How to use the Wi-Fi Direct feature on the Bravia TV
- Screen Mirroring: How to use the Screen mirroring function on my BRAVIA TV
- Reboot the mobile device or computer.
- Restart the TV.
For Google TV™ and Android TV™ models For other TVs
- For Android TV, set the Bluetooth settings of the TV to Off.
How to set the Bluetooth settings
- Confirm the permission status on Show Device List/Delete, delete the registered device from the list, and then register it again.
For Google TV and Android TV models For other TV models
- Try changing the Channel setting.
Note: Android™ 8.0 or later, including Google TV models, does not have the following settings.
For Android TV models For other TV models
If the issue is not resolved, or the connection is unstable, try one of these alternative methods: