The steps to connect your TV to your home wireless network and internet is different between a TV with built-in wireless LAN and one that's wireless LAN-ready.
Wireless LAN differences
- Built-in wireless LAN:
- The built-in wireless LAN device allows you to access the internet and your home network without having to connect a separate adapter. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless network and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment.
- Wireless LAN-ready:
- Bring wireless internet access to your Wi-Fi® ready BRAVIA™ HDTV with the UWA-BR100 wireless LAN adapter. This adapter plugs into your USB input on your TV, and with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality it’s simple to get your TV connected to your home network no matter what type of Wi-Fi you are using.
Before you start
- Make sure your modem and router are set up and your network is connected to the internet. Refer to your modem and router manual or manufacturer for configuration details or contact your internet provider.
- If required, connect the UWA-BR100 wireless LAN adapter to the USB input on your TV. Most of the newer TV models have the built-in wireless LAN, so they would not require this adapter.
- On the supplied TV remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- This step will vary depending on the network setup options available in your TV menu. Follow the steps accordingly.
- Select Preferences → Setup → Network → Network Setup or Setup Network Connection
- Select Network Set-up → Set up Network connection
- Select Network → Network Setup or Setup Network Connection
- Select Expert, AutoCustom.
- If you don't see this option, move to the next step.
- Select Wireless, Wireless Setup, or Wireless LAN.
- Select the available connection method you want to use to connect your TV to the network, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The connection method may vary depending on the router type and settings.