You can only download apps compatible with your TV, which may differ from mobile device apps.
Find out which apps are supported
Google Play on the Android TV™ or Search for apps on the Google TV™ only displays apps that are supported by the TV. To see if apps are or can be installed on the TV, refer to the following:
- For Android TV and Google TV: Which apps can be installed on my Android TV or Google TV?
- For other than Android TV: Checking all of the apps on the TV
How to install
Select your TV type:
- An Internet connection and Google™ Account are required to install apps.
- If you don't have a Google Account or want to create a shared account, create a new account by accessing the Google homepage. We recommend creating a Google Account on a computer or mobile device.
- If you can't install any applications, refer to the article I cannot download, install, or update any applications from the Google Play Store.
- If you want to remove any applications on the TV, refer to the article How do I uninstall applications on the Google TV or Android TV?
- About paid apps: There are free apps and paid apps. Purchasing a paid app requires a prepaid Google Play gift card code or credit card information. You can purchase a Google Play gift card from various retailers.