General troubleshooting steps to perform
- Verify the audio cord is fully inserted into the TV and the Sound bar. Check these suggestions to make sure the TV and Sound bar are accurately connected:
- Connect the supplied audio cable from the TV audio output jack to the AUDIO IN jack of the Sound bar.
- If the supplied audio cable does not fit into the output jack of the TV, connect the plug adapter (also supplied) to the audio cable. Then, reconnect the audio cable to the audio output jack of the TV.
NOTE: If a connection diagram is needed for this connection, additional information on how to connect a Sound bar to a TV is available.
- If there is any other Home Theater system that is used at the same time, turn the power off on the unit.
Troubleshooting steps you can do with the TV
NOTE: The TV supplied remote control can be used to access the TV menu.
- Make sure the TV is turned on.
NOTE: If the Sound bar is in the Standby mode, it will power on automatically when sound from the TV is detected.
Make sure that there are no headphones attached to the TV.
- If your TV has an Audio Out settings, change it from TV speakers to Audio system.
NOTE: Check the specifications guide of the TV for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If the TV has a Fixed/Variable setting, the volume of the Sound bar can be changed by adjusting the TV volume as long as you set the sound output jack on your TV to Variable.
NOTE: If you set the TV to the Variable setting and you are not able to get an acceptable level of volume from the Sound bar, set the sound output jack on the TV to Fixed. Then try adjusting the speaker volume again.
- Set the Mute function on your TV according to what you have the Fixed/Variable function set at:
- If the TV is set to the Variable setting, make sure Mute is set to off.
- If the TV is set to the Fixed setting, set the TV volume to minimum or Mute.
- Perform a factory reset .
Troubleshooting steps you can do with the Sound bar speaker system.
- Turn on the Sound bar. If the Sound bar is already on, make sure it is in Standby mode.
- Set the Sound bar to its corresponding input used for the connected device.
- Adjust the volume on the Sound bar.
NOTE: If the sound output level of the TV cannot be adjusted, change the volume on the Sound bar.
Perform a factory reset for the Sound bar speaker system. For further details on how to do the factory reset, check the operating instructions that came with the unit. Manuals are posted on your model support page.