Normal external speakers cannot be connected directly to most TVs. The TV needs to have speaker level output jacks to allow for a direct speaker connection. Instead, many TVs have a red and white Composite Audio Out, Digital Optical Output, or Mini plug jack that requires a connection to amplified speakers or a receiver.
IMPORTANT: Refer to the instruction manual provided with your TV to verify what types of connections are available.
It may be possible to connect amplified computer speakers if the TV has a Composite Audio Out or Mini plug jack.
- If the TV has a Composite Audio Out jack, use a mini plug-to-composite audio adapter cable to connect the computer speakers.
- If the TV has a Mini plug jack, the stereo mini jack of the computer speakers can be directly connected to it.
- It may be necessary to turn on the AUDIO OUT connection in the AUDIO or SOUND menu of the TV.
- Amplified speakers require a separate power source; the TV cannot provide power to the speakers.
- Visit the Sony Store to view available sound bars that may be able to be used with your TV.
Please contact a local or online authorized retailer to purchase a Sony product.
For customers in Canada: https://dealerlocator.sony.ca/locator/init.do