To connect to the internet, devices such as hubs, routers, etc. are necessary in addition to the BRAVIA TV™. Furthermore, these devices vary depending on how you connect to the internet.
- A: Computer
- B: Wireless router
- C: Modem
- D: Internet
Before you start
- The setup procedure differs depending on the type of network and LAN router. Before setting up your internet connection, be sure to set up a wireless LAN router.
- Steps may vary depending on your TV. For model specific information, check your TV
How to setup the TV
Select your TV type for instructions:
Your setup will be different for wireless LAN-ready and built-in wireless LAN TVs. If you don't know which of these your Sony television is equipped with, refer to the Manual supplied with the TV. Recent models have Built-in wireless LAN.
What is the difference between wireless LAN-ready and built-in wireless LAN?
Bring wireless Internet access to your Wi-Fi ready BRAVIA HDTV with the UWA-BR100 wireless LAN adapter. This adapter plugs into your USB input on your TV, and with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality, it is simple to get your TV connected to your home network no matter what type of Wi-Fi you are using.
Note: The USB wireless LAN adapter is supplied or available as an optional accessory, depending on your TV model. The USB Wireless LAN adapter may not be available in some areas.
Built-in wireless LAN:
The built-in wireless LAN device allows you to access the Internet and your home network without having to connect a separate adapter. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment.
How to do wireless network setup
- If you are using a wireless hub, router or game adapter, you must select Wired Setup instead of Wireless Setup. The Wireless Setup is only for use with Sony wireless LAN ready TVs (with USB Wireless LAN Adapter UWA-BR100) or Built-in Wireless LAN TVs.
- For the Wireless LAN Ready TVs, only the UWA-BR100 is supported. PC USB Wireless LAN adapters are not supported.
- Using the network feature, you can connect your TV to the Internet. The setup procedure differs depending on the type of network and LAN router. Before setting up your Internet connection, be sure to set up a wireless LAN router.
Follow the steps below.
- Press the HOME button on the remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network setup.
- Select Set up network connection or Wireless Setup.
- Select the connection method.
- When connecting automatically with the WPS button on your wireless router (or access point)
Select Easy, Auto or WPS (Push Button).
- When connecting manually after selecting a network from the list of scanned wireless networks
Select Expert, Custom or Scan.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- To use WEP security with a wireless router (or access point), select Expert, Custom, or Scan.
- If you do not know the SSID (wireless network name) and password (security key) of your wireless router (or access point), refer to the manual of your wireless router (or access point).
- When the entry screen for the WPA (security) key is displayed, press the Enter button to display the on-screen keyboard.
- For a security key, upper case and lower case are distinguished. Input the security key correctly.
Examples of mistakes:
- I (capital i), l (small L) and 1 (number one)
- 0 (number zero) and O (capital o)
- d (small D) and b (small B)
- 9 (number nine) and q (small Q)
- For switching method of capital letters, small letters, numbers or symbols on remote control, please refer to the How to use the colored buttons on the remote control while using the on-screen keyboard article.
- In most home environments the IP Address Setting is Auto, the Proxy Setting is No. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) if you are unsure if a Proxy connection has been set up.