There are three different ways to reset your Android TV/Google TV. Depending on the issue you are experiencing, you may only need to perform Option A (Power Reset/Restart) as it can resolve many issues and does not affect saved information. If this doesn't resolve the issue, perform Option B (Factory Data Reset). If the issue still occurs, then perform Option C (Forced Factory Reset).
Option A: Power Reset or Restart
- Unplug the TV power cord from the wall outlet, wait two minutes, then plug the power cord back in.
Select the method depending on your TV.
- Restart the TV with the supplied remote control:
- Press and hold the POWER button until Power off appears on the screen
- Press and hold the POWER button until a menu appears → select Restart
- Restart the using the menu. On the remote:
- Press (Quick Settings) → Settings → System → Restart → Restart
- Press HOME → Settings → About → Restart → Restart
- Press HOME → Settings → Device Preferences → About → Restart → Restart
Option B: Factory Data Reset
WARNING! Performing a factory data reset will remove all customer settings in the TV including apps, channels, and wireless network settings.
- On the supplied remote control, press the (Quick Settings) or HOME button depending on your TV.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will vary depending on your TV menu options:
- Select System → Reset → Factory data reset → then confirm.
- Select Device Preferences → Reset → Factory data reset → Erase everything → Yes.
- Select Storage & reset → Factory data reset → Erase everything → Yes.
- If you have a KD 750H series TV and have updated the firmware to version 60104 or higher, use the Factory Data Reset location change after firmware update for 750H models article instead.
Option C: Forced Factory Reset
This procedure is generally used to resolve issues with app errors, the TV restarts by itself, or the TV doesn't respond to remote control commands.
WARNING! Performing this procedure will remove all customer settings in the TV including apps, channels, and wireless network settings.
- Your TV must have Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow or higher operating system installed in order to perform this procedure.
- This procedure may require two people.
- Depending on which TV model you have, the location of the buttons will vary.
Follow the steps provided below, or you can