What is a powerline adapter and how to use it to connect to my network?
Powerline adapters use the electrical wiring in your home or building to connect to your network. It's an alternative to running network cables through your home or building or using wireless. Most powerline kits provide two adapters, each with a port to connect a network cable (usually supplied with the powerline adapter). One device is plugged into an electrical outlet and connected to a modem or router using a network cable, while the second unit is plugged into another electrical outlet and is connected to your internet capable device using a network cable.
Powerline adapter connection
The following steps provide a basic guideline to connect your internet-capable device to a network using a powerline adapter:
- Following the powerline adapter instructions, connect one of the adapters to an available LAN port on the router or modem using a network cable.
- Connect the same powerline adapter into an A/C power outlet near the router or modem.
- Connect the second powerline adaptor to the Blu-ray Disc player, TV, or network media device using a network cable.
- Connect the second powerline adapter into an A/C power outlet near your device.
- Complete the powerline adapter setup as instructed..
Note: It may take couple of minutes to connect and setup the network using the menu screens of your device.
- After completimg the powerline adapter setup, perform a wired set up from the menu of the Blu-ray Disc player, TV, or Network media player.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME or MENU button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Setup.
- Follow the steps to set up a wired internet connection.