IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Troubleshoot Closed Caption (CC)
Follow the steps below to remove, change, or access CC on your TV:
- Change the input or channel on the TV.
Note: The CC information may be embedded on signals coming from an external source such as a cable box or satellite receiver, especially if the cable box or set-top box is connected with an HDMI® cable.
- Turning of CC varies depending on the model of your device.
Note: The images below are examples of the location of the Subtitle or CC button on different remote controls.
- On the supplied remote control, press the Display button.
- On the remote, press the CC button.
- In the TV menu, go to the Caption Vision menu and set CC to Off.
Refer to the TV's manual for instructions on how to access the menu settings.