IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This solution explains how to connect to a TV, but you can connect your headphones to many other devices such as a VCR, set-top box (cable or satellite box), DVD player, Blu-ray Disc® player, game console, etc. Refer to the diagram and steps below for proper connection to the audio source.
- The A/V or audio source must have a composite audio output, monitor output, or AUDIO OUT jacks to complete this procedure.
- If the wireless headphones use rechargeable batteries, make sure to fully charge them according to the product manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Connect your headphones to the A/V or audio source device depending on the available output jacks:
- A device with a headphone jack
- A device with audio out (L/R) jacks
- On the back of the TV, connect one end of the audio cable to the AUDIO OUT or MONITOR OUT jack.
- If you want to hear sound on your headphones and the TV speakers at the same time, connect the headphones to the Cable Satellite box instead of the TV. If you want to hear the sound from a DVD player or similar device connected to your TV, connect the headphones to the audio out jack of your TV. You may need to enable the speaker setting on your TV to hear both sources at the same time. Refer to the device manual for model-specific settings. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If you are connecting to a MONITOR OUT jack, you may be able to hear audio from the TV speakers and the wireless headphones at the same time.
- If you are connecting to an AUDIO OUT jack, it may be necessary to disable the TV speakers before you can use the wireless headphones.
- On the back of the headphone transmitter, connect the other end of the audio cable to the AUDIO IN jack.
- Connect the AC adapter into the transmitter's DC IN 9V jack and then plug it into a wall outlet.
- Adjust the TV volume to the desired level.
- Turn on the wireless headphones and adjust the volume to the desired level.