Opening the Netflix app using the NETFLIX button on my remote
You can open the Netflix® app by pressing the NETFLIX button (if available) on your supplied remote control.
Before you start
- Your streaming device must have an active internet connection that meets the Netflix internet connection and speed recommendations to perform properly.
- Visit the Netflix Help Center for information on the Netflix streaming service and to set up a customer account.
If you experience issues launching the Netflix app, use these troubleshooting steps and check if the issue is resolved after each step.
- Verify that the NETFLIX button functions. It should attempt to open the app after pressing the button. If nothing happens, make sure the remote control has functional batteries and try again.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet. If you're not sure, check and set up the required internet connection.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) if you're experiencing internet connection issues.
- If a Netflix error code or message appears, visit the Netflix Help Center and type the error into the search field for more information.
- Confirm if other streaming apps work.
- If other apps work properly, it may be a Netflix issue, or your ISP could be delivering slower speeds than recommended by Netflix. Perform a speed test to verify your network speed.
- The internet connection speed can be affected if multiple devices are being used for online gaming and video streaming at the same time.
- Try removing other streaming devices from the network as needed to increase internet speed.
- Try signing out of your Netflix account and then sign back in.
- Perform a power reset of your device.
- Power reset the router/modem.
- Perform the Refresh Internet Content function (for Blu-ray Disc™ players and non Android TV™ models)