This information provides help with network access errors that occur when trying to access an internet video content, such as Netflix® and YouTube™ video services. Check if the issue is resolved after completing each step.
Internet video services
Check if the error message appears when accessing a different online video service or content.
Additional information is available from the following streaming services:
- Unable to connect to the Netflix® service
- YouTube™ troubleshooting playing videos
- Prime Video™ help
- Hulu® Help Center
- Disney Plus Help Center
Power reset your modem/router
Internet connection issues are often resolved after performing a power reset. If you have a separate modem and router, power reset both devices.
- Unplug the power cable to your modem/router and wait about 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to your modem/router and make sure it's turned on.
- Wait until the device is finished making it's connection to the internet and your network.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Signal strength and interference
When using Wi-Fi®, the distance of the router to your device is another factor to consider. To maximize your viewing experience when streaming video or listening from an audio app, make sure that the router is placed near your device. They shouldn't be more than 25 feet away from each other. If possible, install both devices in a location without walls in between them. Other wireless devices such Bluetooth® speakers, wireless phones, microwave ovens, and devices sending radio frequency may also cause poor signal strength.
- Some routers have a Wi-Fi® Multi Media (WMM) setting. If using a wireless connection, leaving this setting on should allow your router to provide improved video and voice performance over your network. Check your router documents or contact the manufacturer for details.
- If using a wireless gaming adapter for connection, make sure it's set up properly.
For additional information and suggestions, review the tips to maximize network and internet performance in your home.
Steps and procedures may vary by model, for model-specific information, check your device manual.
- Check your internet connection using another device (computer, tablet, smartphone, game console).
If your other devices also fail to connect to your network and the internet, contact your internet service provider for support.
Perform network diagnosis on the TV.
- Perform network diagnosis (for TV only).
- Reset your device to the factory default settings. If you determined that your network and internet are working properly and the issue only exists with this device, then resetting your device back to its factory defaults may help resolve the issue.