It's important to keep Android TV™ or Google TV™ up to date with the latest firmware and software updates. These updates include key features, applications, bug fixes, and feature improvements.
Before you start
- Your TV must be connected to the internet in order to receive and install software updates directly to your TV.
- If your TV doesn't have internet access, you can download the update file to a computer, extract the update file to a USB flash drive, and use the flash drive to install the update on your TV.
- If the title of the update is not specified as being specific for a Mac or Windows computer, then it is for both Mac and Windows computers.
- Make sure that your USB flash drive has enough storage capacity to save the update file.
- Use a USB flash drive formatted in the FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, or NTFS format. The TV can only recognize a USB flash drive with certain storage capacity, depending on the file system.
- Make sure to copy only the file or files specified in the update instructions into the root folder of the USB drive. The TV may not update if there are multiple update files in the flash drive, or if the files are not in the root folder of the drive.
Check for updates
Select your model type for steps to check and receive software updates on your TV:
Download and install updates
The process to update the software varies. Follow the instructions accordingly.
- 2021 models: X79J/X80J/X85J, X90J/X92J (50-75, 100), X95J, Z9J, A80J/A90J series
- 2020 models: X800H/X850H/X900H/X950H/Z8H/A8H series
- 2019 models: A9G/Z9G/X950G/X850G series
- 2018 models: A9F/Z9F series