The Dolby Vision™ technology is a High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology developed by Dolby Laboratories. You can play movies recorded in Dolby Vision HDR format on devices that support Dolby Vision hardware.
The following are requirements to support Dolby Vision format playback:
- For streaming services apps (Netflix®, Prime Video™, etc.), the TV, streaming app, and selected content must support the Dolby Vision format.
- In most situations, there is a logo or tag that will indicate that the content is available in the Dolby Vision format.
- Non-Sony devices (Apple TV®, Amazon® Fire TV Stick™, etc.) must also support the Dolby Vision format.
- If using a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc™ player, the device and the media must support the Dolby Vision format.
To confirm Dolby Vision content reception, check the Picture Mode setting on the TV:
- Select Home → Settings and then, depending on your TV
- Select Display & Sound → Picture → Picture Mode
- Select Picture & Display → Picture Adjustments → Picture Mode
- The Dolby Vision setting will show as selected if activated and available