How to set up a 3D TV for 3D viewing with an active 3D glasses
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
NOTE: TVs that are 3D-Ready require the optional TMR-BR100 3D Sync Transmitter to be connected, while 3D-integrated TVs have the transmitter installed in the TV. If you have a 3D-Ready TV, follow all of the steps in this procedure. If you have a 3D-integrated TV, start with step 3.
- Turn off the TV.
- Connect the 3D Sync Transmitter to the 3D Sync input on the back of the TV.
NOTE: Make sure that 3D Menu is displayed on the screen by pressing the OPTION on the remote control after the connection has been completed.
- Place the 3D Sync Transmitter where it is free from obstruction.
- For 3D-integrated TV: Make sure nothing is placed in front of the 3D Sync Transmitter located at the bottom-right of the TV.
For 3D-ready TV:
- It is recommended to place the 3D Sync Transmitter on the top center of the TV, as long as it is not being obstructed by the top of a cabinet or entertainment center.
- Make sure that the transmitter is facing forward with the Sony logo facing backwards. Notice the three position lines on the right side of the transmitter.
- Connect the 3D source device to the TV using a High-Speed HDMI® cable.
NOTE: For more information regarding the HDMI cable required for 3D viewing, visit http://www.hdmi.org.
- Display the content to watch in 3D on the TV screen.
NOTE: Make sure that the content being displayed is from a 3D device. If using a 3D capable Blu-ray Disc® player or PlayStation® 3 (PS3™) console, insert a 3D movie or game title. If you have subscribed to 3D programming through your cable or satellite provider, tune the satellite receiver or set-top box to the station with 3D programming.
- Using the supplied remote control, turn on the TV and press the INPUT button to select the appropriate HDMI input.
- Normally, your 3D TV should automatically detect a 3D signal and display by 3D mode image. If this does not happen, press the 3D button on the TV remote control or select proper 3D format (Side-by-Side or Over-Under) by pressing the OPTION button and selecting 3D format.
- If the TV does not display the 3D Format menu, your TV may be in SYNC mode. Press SYNC MENU button and select TV Control. The 3D option will not appear when pressing the OPTION button.
- Put the Active 3D glasses and synchronize the glasses with the TV.