Most televisions have settings that can automatically determine the best way to show the picture on the screen. These settings can be accessed from the menu of the television.
Note: When Auto Wide is On, it automatically changes the wide mode according to the input signal from an external device. If you want to keep your preferred setting, select Off.
Depending on your model, access the settings as follows:
- If the remote control has a Quick Settings button
Press the Quick Settings button → select Settings
- If the remote control doesn't have a Quick Settings button:
Press the Home or Menu button to access the TV menu → select Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options
- Select Display & Sound or Picture & Display → Screen.
- Select Display or System settings or Bravia Settings → Screen.
- Select Screen.
- Turn on the following settings (if available):
- Set Auto Wide → ON
- Set Auto Display Area → ON
- You can manually change display modes to try to correct the issue using the Wide, Zoom button on your remote control.
- If your remote doesn't have one of these buttons, the settings are available in the menu of the TV. Access the Screen settings the same way you did when selecting the automatic modes, but select the Wide Mode option.
Is the problem resolved?