IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You may experience streaming issues with the YouTube™ app for several reasons. This information is provided to help you resolve these issues.
- The message YouTube is unavailable. Please try again later appears on the TV screen.
- The message YouTube has stopped appears on the TV screen.
- The app gets stuck on the start screen (doesn't launch).
Network conditions and internet connection
Network conditions or your internet connection are often the cause of video streaming issues. Check the following:
- There may have been a temporary network problem, try closing the YouTube app, then re-open it and try again.
- Your internet connection may be running slow or experiencing a connection problem. Reset your modem/router by removing the power for about a minute, reconnecting power and turning it back on, and waiting until the connection is established before trying again.
- Test your internet connection using another device (smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.) to verify your internet is working and the speed is fast enough for streaming YouTube content. For the YouTube recommended internet speed, check the YouTube support website for troubleshooting video errors, buffering, and freezing.
- Make sure your TV is connected to the internet. For internet connection issues, perform a network diagnosis on your TV.