Error: 5008 appears when trying to use internet streaming services
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This error appears on your TV screen to indicate that the TV requires a system software update before viewing any of the internet streaming services. Make sure your TV has the latest software installed. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Follow these steps if the latest software update has been installed and the error continues to appear:
- Run Refresh Internet Content
- On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network or Setup, depending on your device.
- Select Refresh Internet Content.
- Perform a power reset.
- Run Refresh Internet Content again.