What Is It?
Second audio program (SAP), also known as secondary audio programming, provides audio tracks in languages other than the native language that was recorded in a program.
This feature is only available on the TV if you use an antenna or cable without a set-top box. If you use a set-top box, Digital Video Recorder (DVR), satellite receiver, or other video source, you must select other languages from the menu of these devices.
To Turn It On or Off
- Some models provide an MTS, SAP, or AUDIO button on the supplied remote control.
- For other TVs, you can turn it on or off from the TV menu.
- Generally, the SAP setting is in the Settings menu under Audio or Closed Caption.
- Consult the instruction manual of the TV for model-specific information about the operation of the SAP feature. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If you hear SAP when you view a program from a source device connected to the VIDEO input, check the instruction manual of the source device to turn on or off SAP.