IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
What Is High Dynamic Range (HDR)?
- HDR content has a wider dynamic range of luminance than standard video format at the creating process.
- It expands the range of both contrast and color. Bright parts of the image get brighter, and the colors expand to show more bright blues, greens, reds, and everything in between. The expansion of the contrast ratio and the color palette offers a more realistic and natural picture.
Watch Content in HDR
You will need each of the following in order to watch HDR videos:
- A 4K Android TV™ that supports HDR.
- One of the following HDR sources:
How Do I Know If Content Is HDR Compatible?
If a video or game is HDR compatible, an HDR icon appears under the Picture adjustment settings in the menu.
Check the Picture adjustment settings:
- Press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Under the TV category, select Picture & Display.
- Under the Picture & Display settings, select Picture adjustments.
- The HDR icon will appear on the Picture adjustments screen.