Internet access fails the network diagnosis for a wired connection on my TV
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details..
Your TV is connected to your network using a network cable, but after performing the network status test on the TV, the internet access results show failed. This indicates an issue with the internet connection. not the TV. Use the following information to help resolve this issue.
The network status results appear as:
- Cable Connection: OK (may appear as Connection Method Wired or Physical Connection)
- Local Access: OK
- Internet Access: Failed
Power reset your modem/router
Internet connection issues are often resolved after performing a power reset. If you have a separate modem and router, power reset both devices.
- Unplug the power cable to your modem/router and wait about 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to your modem/router and make sure it's turned on.
- Wait until the device is finished making it's connection to the internet and your network.
- Perform the network diagnosis.
Check wired connections
This list provides independent steps for checking wired connections to help identify and possibly resolve this issue.
- Check the cable or phone line (DSL) connections between your modem/router and the internet service to your home/building.
- Check the cable connection between your modem and router (where applicable).
- Make sure the cable is connected to the correct port to the router from the modem (where applicable).
- Try a different network cable between the modem and router (where applicable). It's possible that your cable has failed.
For additional help with cable or phone line (DSL) connections, contact your internet service provider (ISP).
- Make sure your connected to your network and your password is correct.
- Check if your other devices (computer, tablet, smartphone, game console) will connect to your network and the internet. If other devices also fail to connect, contact your internet service provider (ISP) for support.
Information for other wireless network diagnosis results: